Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Grady's 6th Birthday (Part 1)!

Grady will turn 6 on June 15th, but this year we decided to have a party with his friends a week early, and then a family party on his actual birthday (this coming up weekend). This was mostly because I am very pregnant, and 1) I was nervous I might go early and wanted to make sure he got a party, and 2) I just don't have the energy to do both in the same day or weekend. So, last weekend we had a party for him at a local gymnastics place. It was perfect because most of the details (aside from the food/cake, etc.) were taken care of, and it was inside!! Yay for A/C!
 
There was of course a Batman theme because that is what Grady is really into these days! Here are the Batman cupcakes I made.... it literally took an entire little bottle of black food coloring to make black icing! I also made some bat cookies, and those also took a ridiculous amount of black food coloring to make. I'm not quite sure what I'll do for his cake this coming up weekend (nothing like procrastinating!), but hopefully I'll think of something!
 
 
Here are a few pictures from the actual gymnastics....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And then of course Grady blew out his candles! He requested no singing.... he is very much my child because I never liked that either when I was little.
 
 
 
Here is Grady with Eric, his best friend from school. They thoroughly enjoyed making beards and mustaches with the black icing!
 
 
 
 
 
Here are a few other pictures from the past week. Grady's t-ball team had an end-of-season celebration with pizza and trophies!
 
 
 
This was a picture from the last day of school! Lately, Landon is very into picking out his outfits and dressing himself. This usually involves several layers of clothing and knee socks. :)  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment