Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Almost there... 39 weeks and 3 days!

Since my due date is fast approaching (this Saturday...eeeek!) I thought it was time for a pregnancy post! To be completely honest, I've kind of reached the point of feeling huge and pretty uncomfortable! This pregnancy in general has been a bit more challenging. For the first few months I battled pretty bad nausea, which decided to return (not quite as bad) the last couple of months. I've also dealt with a lot of hip/pelvic/back pain (and swelling) these last couple of months. Anytime I mention this to a doctor I'm pretty much told the same thing: "Well, with a third baby your muscles are pretty much shot at this point." Hmmm....okay. I also get told frequently that I'm older now, so pregnancy is just more challenging. Conclusion: I'm old (at 34) and have no muscles anymore. Ha! Ironically, I will turn 35 next week (on July 2nd), which is when you are considered to be of "advanced age" in regard to pregnancy. :)
 
Here is the most recent belly picture (38 weeks I think!)....cropped! This was taken after I had just eaten one of Grady's birthday cupcakes (that had black Batman icing). Consequently, I didn't realize at the time I had black lips and teeth! Figured I'd crop that part out...
 
 
While pregnancy is hard in a lot of ways, it's also one of the best (if not the best!) experiences! To feel your little one squirming around and kicking you from the inside is just something undescribable. While I have to say I am relieved in many ways I am at the end, it's also bittersweet to let him go. I know he's not going off to kindergarten or college yet, but in many ways it's the same concept! :)
 
I also couldn't write this post without mentioning the fact that we have another very special member of our family that many people don't know about. We unfortunately lost a baby just about one year ago (on June 5, 2012) when I was 11 weeks pregnant. It is something I thought about writing on the blog for a while, but just never did. Grady and Landon knew about the baby at the time, so it was something we had to talk about with them (many times). While this was really difficult and emotional, they honestly were wonderful, and I really feel like we were all able to heal together as a family. Children have an amazing way of somehow making really hard situations okay with their innocence. Both of them decided they thought we were having a girl, so we all decided together on a name for her - Rosie. They are excited to meet their sister one day in heaven (often times referencing that she is playing with our cat Dirkins, who passed away a couple of years ago), and she is always included in their prayers and a definite part of our family. I know she will be with us when this little guy makes his arrival!    

1 comment:

  1. You're almost there and the belly is beautiful (would have loved to see the black teeth and lips though!). I'm hobbling along right behind you and totally relating to all of the aches and pains and getting older thing. The body is not loving this final stretch (it actually spends a good deal of time stretched out on the couch).

    Thank you for sharing Rosie's life with us. :) We lost our little Matthew in the Summer of 2009 and instead of forgetting him over time, I just fall more in love with him and long to see him more. It's a surprise blessing.

    We'll be praying for you through the rest of the pregnancy and for a safe and "easy" labor and birth!!

    ReplyDelete